Traineer i Subsea7
- Position: Graduate Engineer Development Scheme (GEDS) - 2017
- Vacancy ref: 56859
- Based in: Stavanger
- Business area: Surf and Conventional
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Contract type: Staff
- Closing date: 31/07/2017
- Languages in which you may apply: English
To our office in Stavanger we are looking to employ 8-10 graduates to our Graduate Engineer Development Scheme (GEDS).
Engineering is the heart of our business and people are central to our success. We are committed to the training and development of our engineers. We provide opportunities for exciting and challenging work with global opportunities and first class career development.
GEDS (Graduate Engineer Development Scheme) is our industry-leading and award winning graduate training scheme which has been developed and continually supported by experts from engineering and other core functions. Graduates are important to the progression of our engineering capabilities.
As a Graduate Engineer with Subsea 7 you will be recruited to an initial post within either our engineering disciplines or project engineering functions. The scheme involves both on and off-the-job development, and exposes graduates to a variety of engineering experiences and elements of project execution spanning from detailed design engineering to opportunities to work offshore. The company has a large focus of developing both generalists as well as specialists.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with production of deliverables, which may include design calculations, analysis, reports, specifications, procedures, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Consolidate knowledge in areas of discipline engineering, including design codes and standards, legislative requirements and current best engineering practice.
- Awareness of clients' needs; address design parameters and problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Assist in the production of technical documentation.
- Make effort to become aware of all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements.
- Participate in meetings/correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc in a junior capacity.
- Recognise the objectives for professional development and strive to achieve development goals.
- Be committed to Subsea7 values and works according to the Business Management System and good work practices.
Our Graduates: Our graduates typically have one of the following degrees:
- Marine/Naval Technology
- Material Technology
- Offshore Technology
They are also expected to exhibit some of the following qualities and skills:
- Professional and mature attitude
- Technical ability
- Flexible and proactive approach to changes and challenges
- Initiative and personal responsibility
- Ability to communicate with impact
- Innovative and intelligent approach
- A team player, with the ability to work independently
GEDS commitment to you Subsea 7 will provide you with:
- Support from both our local and corporate offices throughout your time on the scheme.
- Opportunities to develop your technical and non-technical skills by attendance at courses, through field trips, and in your day-to-day job.
- The chance to network with experts and the global graduate engineering community.
GEDS is just the beginning - your professional and personal development journey continues throughout your career at Subsea 7.
The positions are based in Stavanger with a start in September/October 2017.
- See more at: https://careers.subsea7.com/Exp/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=56859#sthash.ukhSvMDo.dpuf