Statkraft is proud to offer the annual summer project which represents a real exciting challenge and a steep learning curve. As a summer student you will be in the center of our front-office activities and you will be given responsibility from day one. You will be one of six students from different theoretical backgrounds working intensively together in a team, with close follow-up by Statkraft professionals, for a period of six weeks.
Over the summer you will become familiar with many aspects of the energy market, data structures and the trading business. Our summer students are highly qualified employees and you will actively contribute to the further development and growth of Statkraft Markets.
Digitalization in the Energy Market
This year’s topic is “Digitalization in energy markets”. By developing models and tools you will solve highly relevant challenges in the energy industry. You will present the outcome of the project to upper management and share it with the organization by the end of the period.
What can you expect as a summer student?
- A technical and professional environment involving a high level of expertise and exciting assignments
- To work on important challenges within digitalization of the energy business
- Get to know Statkraft as a future employer
- An inclusive, diverse and dynamic working environment
- Gain insight into trading and the energy markets and how they operate
- Freedom to conceptualize and implement solutions with guided supervision by a project manager and a group of experts
Student of natural sciences, economics, engineering or computer science, with:
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Programming and modelling experience (preferably Python)
- Competence within comprehensive problem solving
- Interest in Machine Learning and data analysis
- Team player with good communicative skills
- Proactive and independent way of working
- Completed 3-4 years of higher education
- Fluent in English
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Read more about the project and apply at our career pages.